Monday 24 August 2009

Cheer Up Snork Maiden

Photobucket

Small children standing on table tops, screaming that they don't like Marvin Gaye. Mixing paints to get a muddy brown To decorate their plant pots. A small boy with a limp follows me around, asking how old I am, and if I have an children. his name is Curtis, he has a crooked tooth and is slightly over weight. Curtis struggles to articulate himself into coherent sentences. His greasy hair pushed over clumsily into a side parting, most probably done by his mother. We sat down together and he asked if he could sing me a song, I said yes. Then we talked about his Uncle, who sleeps on the sofa at Curtis' house, he has drinking problem. Curtis' Auntie had kicked his Uncle out, she couldn't take the late nights staying awake, waiting for her bald, grunting, hog of a husband to return from his weekend conferences on "streamlining the company's economic output" in Swindon. It was the same old story. She couldn't take Uncle Kevin's dwindling libido. I stopped Curtis there. In all truth I couldn't give a fuck about his family, or their problems. Although the slightly over weight greasy haired Curtis was endearing, he told me he had been born with his leg bone at the wrong angle, and his foot pointed out to a 45 degree angle, meaning he can't run as fast as the other kids. He also had something wrong with his spine as well , I can't remember the exact details, there only so long you can pay attention to small children. After about 5 minutes their voices just tune out into white noise. I know what I'll do, I'll give them a ball to play with, that'll keep them amused. Like a fucking dogs they are.

Gerry Rafferty - Right Down The Line
Sally Shapiro - Moonlight Shadow


Picture by Tove Jansson from her Moomin Book series. No Copyright infringement intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment